Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The tragedy of Ganguly

Just read that Ganguly finds place in test team. Somehow, I felt a sense of sympathy for that guy. I was never a big fan of him, nor was I among those thirsting for his blood. But I did hear somebody saying that on the offside, there was God, then there was Ganguly. I even remember the media singing his praises for taking the fight onto the Aussies in the first test when India visited them in the recent past. Now I wonder what could have gone wrong. The other day, one of my colleagues was saying "we have to see what Chappell does with Tendulkar. Even he is not playing well. But he keeps saying Tendulkar's presence itself helps a lot ". Yesterday, in the news paper, I again read the same thing - Tendulkar can do a lot just by being in the team. That made me feel that may be it was Ganguly's attitude that has caused all these problems. May be he got a little carried away, being called prince, tiger and so on. May be he just thought he was next to God, but forgot that was only on the field and that too only on the offside.

No comments: